Friday, November 30, 2012

Nail Polish App for iPhone

Steve Jobs was a genius! This iPhone craze and app is insane. Why didn’t I think of that? They weren’t kidding when they said “there is an app for that”. There really is an app for just about everything. I don’t recall how I came across this wonderful app. I don’t think I have ever been so excited about an app before. Ladies, how many times have you picked up a nail polish in the drugstore to come home and find out you already had it in your collection? I don’t know about you but I hate when that happens. I like to shop but I hate to deal with the hassle of exchanges and returns. So more often than not I end up with multiple polishes of the same exact color because I don’t want to deal with the returns. Well that will no longer be a problem. I now have this app on my iPhone called Nail Polish Book. It’s amazing. It is a pretty basic application but it serves its purpose well. With this app you can take photos of your nail polish collection and have it available at your finger tips to ensure you no longer end up buying duplicates. You just snap picture of your polish and you can add details such as the name of the color, shade, brand, collection and any other comments. The app allows you to search by name, brand, shade, etc. If you have a large collection the process of taking the picture and adding the details of each polish can be time consuming. However, once is done is done and you can just add your new polishes as you buy them. For those of you who may have an excel spreadsheet you will find this is a lot more useful because now you can see the polish by looking at the picture. Unfortunately, I am not sure if this app is available for other smartphones. But for those of you who have an iPhone it's definitely worth checking out.

2 comments:

  1. But how do you copy the contents from one IOS device to another?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought if that. Ate you referring to if you get a new phone? Or if you have multiple devices? I will have to download the app on my iPad to see if the data will transfer. As far as changing phones I would imagine that if you back up your files on your pc you may be able to synch it back to your new phone. However this is just a guess. I apologize for the late response but I wasn't getting my emails on my phone from gmail and just now discovered this.

    ReplyDelete